Monday 6 November 2017

Glass of wine



                               Glass of wine

Chuckling at my mother's reaction towards the glass of wine I said, "It's no alcohol maa"
My father continued saying "you should try it doesn't taste bad"

My mother has always been my best friend, she has always tried to keep up with my generation & have always encouraged me for all the posh dreams I have... Her journey from ghunghat to this wine of glass won't have been easy.

I have always shared a special bond with my mother, the long talks we had more like a friend, and the cozy hugs were never enough to define my love for her.

The generation still spoke sometimes to create arguments between us but some tears always dissolved the bitterness within no time and we continued the super cool bond.

As time passed by we came closer she matured into an old soul and I nurtured into a young lassie.

Times were there when I was away from my mother for my edification and my profession. The mid vacations were always so adorable nobody could compare the immense love she gave me when I come home for holiday.

One year planning for my birthday I asserted her to visit the wine yard with family, first, she wasn't a lot happy but I knew she agreed for me, with a lot of excitement we all headed to the winery …my dad and brother ordered some wine and food ... She took her first sip of wine ugggghhhhhh!!! She exclaimed, we all burst into laughter she cursed the idea of preparing something which can taste as wine… Still, she enjoyed the food and ambiance with fervour and lot of celebrations...

Looking at my mother's balance of life she always  maintained I get lot of motivation as she is always ready to learn new things and also ready to teach some important lessons of life ...she is an amazing person, lovable and very generous and also I have time-honored the instability and urge of doing new things from her.


My mother always being my role model I have learned a lot from her she always taught me to be the bigger person, to have compassion for every person, to rise above and to above all, be my own source of strength.

Ever since I was a little girl, for my birthday I would get one special gift from my mom. She would let me choose that one and it could be anything from candy to a headband or a meal at McDonald's.

When I turned 15 I chose a stuffed toy in the shape of a Mexican dressed cucumber that sang a funny song. When my family saw my special gift, they all flipped, and she stood up for me and said, 'She gets to pick whatever she wants, and if she chooses to still be a kid, she will always be my kid!'

I'm 22 now and she still gets me candy, stuffed animals, sticker books, Disney movies and bakes a big chocolate cake with Skittles all over it.

I appreciate how great strength and stand she has which defines her love care and also dignifies her self-worth and self-respect. 

When I was a child my mother was making my lunch one day when a fire erupted on the stove top. My brave mom without giving any thoughts grabbed the flaming pot and ran outside with it. As if that wasn't heroic enough... after the flames were gone, my mom sat in a chair on our porch and told me to stay inside and not to worry.
Her expression seemed a bit strange and she had her body turned away from me, but she was otherwise completely calm and collected. I later found out that she suffered third-degree burns from her elbow to her fingertips on her right arm. She used every bit of strength and willpower she had to hold back tears and screams so that I wouldn't get scared or worried.
 
I have dedicated this small piece of writing for my lovely mother, just a small involvement, an emblem of my adoration, affection and appreciations for being the world’s best mommy, to tell her that she plays a very important role in my life not only as a mother but as a motivator, a friend and yes she is my hero.

All the small-big sacrifices mothers do for her children are priceless no child in the world, what so ever cannot really pay for her deeds. The selfless love exists only here, it is well said, "A mother is who can take place of others but whose place no one else can take"

With this sweet thought, I think we all are already missing our mothers so just go hug your mother as tight as you can.









©Samruddhi Bhalke
































6 comments:

  1. Samruddhi... It's best... Absolutely loved it...writing with tearful eyes...hope someday I'll write just like you about my mother...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg....just fabulous...soo heart touching n yes every mother sacrifices their lifes for childrens....great thought

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so adorable and we can't deny the fact that our moms ain't less than any superheroes, they actually are the real superheroes 🙃. Really loved the way you put it down..so serene and sweet..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazingly written Samruddhi.....happy to see so much love and bond with your mother,can relate the same.....

    ReplyDelete